Happy Trails

A day in the life of, a life in the life of me.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Home, Bittersweet Home


I've been back in England now for nearly 3 months. It seems something about this has silenced my writing. As Spring starts to show off its flowers and lighter evenings, a part inside me also begins to defrost, and we can be more complete with colour and spark.

Maybe the most unusual thing, now, about being back, is that for the first time in 4 years I have a place, in Engalnd, to call home. In ROK, I had a place of my own, but it was far from being homely. In my 6 month return last summer, I moved home 7 times. But now, now for the first time in a long time, I have a quiet, safe place, to settle and gather myself. I feel that from here, I can find myself. Others go to India, I go to Exeter!


So it's back to routine. The normal life. And I'm rather enjoying it. I'm lucky enough to work with unique people that take me about on some great little adventures. Last friday was horse-riding on a misty calming Dartmoor, January we went surfing off the south hams coast, and a couple of weeks back a walk across Bigbury on an early saturday morning. It's beautiful.


So this will be me for a while, no big trips planned, but a few little ones to keep me going.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

french words for fashion http://thefashionhouse.us/byblos-brand105.html riveara fashion 3000559

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home