Happy Trails

A day in the life of, a life in the life of me.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Beach Life.


The beach is hot and quiet, locals wisely avoid the intensity of the mid-day sun. Arica nestles between the Pacific and the dessert, where the people hardly know the meaning of cold, even in "winter".

The town doesn´t interest me, and am pleased when three 17 year old girls practice their English with us. They show us the church designed by Eiffel, give us a run down on the history of the place (which involves a war they won over Peru, and is a reason why the countries still hate each other) and we go for milk shakes.

Another day in the baking sun, lapping in the waves, playing guitar in the beach. But there´s something about this place that does nothing for me. I know, call me fussy. We figure there´ll be beaches more to our liking further up the coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home