Happy Trails

A day in the life of, a life in the life of me.

Monday, November 26, 2007

My Little Dune Buggy.


Another 24 hour bus trip back into Peru to hit up Huacachina. Listening to the Beta Band, smiling as the road slices through the desert, the sun sets, red clouds stream across the sky; misty mountains decorate the horizon. I think of people and places. Of the last three months. Listen to the subtle bass. Things are great.



Crossing the last boarder of this trip, we´ve completed our circle of a journey and head to the oasis in the desert. Arriving that morning at 5:30. By the afternoon I was attempting to sandboard down deep, steep dunes. Not having the perserverance to learn, I go the easy way, head first. Hurtling towards the ground, sand flying into a blur. Fantastic fun.

Surrounded by the dunes, there´s a much more romantic appearance than the desert seen from a bus window, that I can´t quite put my finger on.

The sun slips behind a mountain of sand, casting shadows over the peaks the wind has built, shining light on the patturns in the sand before we return to the oasis in the buggy.



The seat-belts are like that from a white-knuckle ride. A strap over each shoulder fastens between the legs, indicates what you´re in for.
Our mentalist driver rollercoasters with speed vertically before u-turning, practically in mid-air, we almost do a loop-the-loop. It was WICKED. Although the guy in the front seat didn´t seem to enjoy it so much. I did the gentlemanly thing and we swapped seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home