Happy Trails

A day in the life of, a life in the life of me.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Spring. The Transition Phase.



Springs warm sun shines light on places I completely didn't see in the winter months. It brings bright colours to flowers along park edges, and a warming familiar scent. Parks, that in all honesty I can say I had no idea about until the sun came out. Places I pass everyday! But now the grass has de-frosted after the ice age and is no longer dead, yellow matter. It's green, inviting, relaxing, a place to spend weekend hours. The cherry blossom reminds me of the romantic orient I have pictured in my mind. What a difference all this brings to my everyday life here.

The warm weather brings people outside to sell their wares. On streets everywhere people are setting up markets of fruit, clothes, shoes, grains, plants, tapemeasures and other random pieces. Out of hibernation, patients venture out of their hospitals and can be spotted in their pajamas and occasionally dragging their drip with them!

This transition phase between freezing and rather warm, seems fairly short lived though. How pleased I was to be able to turn my heating off, save some extra pennies, and the environment. My excitement didn't last very long unfortunately. Before two weeks had passed mosquitos were making their way into my room to bite and suck my blood as I tried to sleep, keeping me awake till 3AM, buzzing round my head, leaving me with lumps on my forehead and darker circles under my eyes. There was only one thing for it. Keeping my window shut and turning on the air-conditioning! Not much of a saving on the utility bill after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home