Happy Trails

A day in the life of, a life in the life of me.

Friday, May 12, 2006

The East Coast.





A long drive and a short stay, but worth it to see Naksansa. This is the largest stone staue of Buddha in the Orient. Located on a cliff between the East Sea and the mountains, this place has an amazing atmosphere. Maybe also because it was Buddhas birthday when four friends and I visited. The sad news is that Naksan temple was 1300 years old when it was burnt down with the forest fire April 2005. Whilst there I wrote the names of my family on a card, along with a prayer and attached it to one of the lanterns. There, blowing in the wind, Buddists believe my prayer will be whisped up and my family and I will be protected. So I left my prayer there, and I took my memories of Naksansa with me, in the rain, back to Incheon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures from the temple are wonderful. It's hard to imagine that temple being over 1300 years old, so sad about the fire.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home